Apr 29, 2008

Life is good, but...

So, the past few days have been fine. What I mean to say is that there has been enough to focus on to take my mind off the events of last week.

Still, I have to catch myself now and again.

What do I mean?

Well, I’ll put it to you this way; Last night I was sitting at my computer and thought I saw something out of the corner of my eye and turned half expecting to see kitty there stoically staring me down or, today I caught that odd rectangle of sunlight as the afternoon sun peeked out from behind the clouds and half expected to see kitty stretched out in all her glory just basking in the warmth of those golden rays. I looked at some pictures of her the other day thankfully I have a lot.

She was a good girl.

I’ve pulled out of all those cat-centered groups I was part of on Flickr. I’ve started putting away all the things around here that were specifically for her. I’m shelving all that stuff if only for a little while.

See, I kind of have made up my mind I’m going to get another kitty at some point (maybe two) but for now if only out of respect to her memory I’m going to let the wound heal over.

No comments: